Social Services Case Manager – York
Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:00PM
VisionCorps’ has an exciting opening for a social services case manager in the York/Adams County area. This position offers you the unique and rewarding opportunity to empower people in your community who are vision impaired or blind to achieve a greater level of independence and quality of life. In addition to working one on one with the client in the home environment, the case manager facilitates support groups, provides community outreach, and collaborates with other members of VisionCorps’ rehabilitation services team.
- Manages referrals and provides direct case management for TSS and low vision services clients
- Facilitates new client intakes and initiates appropriate referrals within and outside of VisionCorps
- Fulfills the Training and Support Services (TSS) duties as defined in the grant through the Pennsylvania Association for the Blind including, but not limited to: transportation/escort, life skills, and support services to eligible clients
- Plans/facilitates client groups as assigned
- Maintains appropriate documentation of all client contact in CRM including TSS records relating to eligibility, services plans, progress and change in status
- Provides public education on VisionCorps services & low vision/blindness issues
- Stays informed on advances in the field of vision loss and related treatments, rehabilitation services, mental health and technology through reading, seminars, and other educational avenues
- Manages volunteers and support staff as appropriate/assigned
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with local and regional organizations for the benefits of clients, VisionCorps, and the surrounding community
- Works as a team with other VisionCorps staff and volunteers.
- Other duties, supervisory responsibilities, or special projects assigned by the VP of Rehabilitation and Education or Director of Rehabilitation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred
- Two years’ experience in human service field with elderly and/or individuals with disabilities preferred
- Experience in the areas of mental health and/or crisis intervention
- CPR and First Aid Certifications (or ability to obtain)
- Clear criminal record check and child abuse clearance from the state of PA
- Valid PA driver’s license and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check
- Access to personal vehicle for travel (as needed)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to carry, lift, and push equipment up to 20lbs.
- Must be able to spend considerate amount of time stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Fine motor skills – use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Visual acuity – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to travel safely and independently
- Must be able to verbally communicate and hear
- Must be able to sit at desk for periods of time
- Must be able to sit in vehicle for periods of time
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, holidays, health, dental, and life insurance and more. For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by APPLYING ONLINE
All VisionCorps employees are employed at-will.
VisionCorps is an Affirmative Action Plan employer.
VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
244 North Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Qualified individuals may submit their resumes to email@example.com. VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.