Purchaser – Lancaster
Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:00PM
The Purchaser is primarily responsible for managing purchasing of materials and warehouse management system based on production line material scheduling for all VisionCorps locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage inventory purchases and warehouse procedures to ensure availability of raw materials based on material requirements for all VC locations and product lines in accordance with company procedures and ISO, GMP or SQF quality standards, if applicable.
- Work with Plant Supervisor/Manager for each location to plan production scheduling and warehouse procedures for all product lines
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships, perform supplier audits, and review and analyze supplier performance to ensure that we always have products in stock and that we are able to deliver products to clients on time always and to ensure that VC is receiving competitive pricing from our vendors
- Ensure VC is in receipt of all necessary certificates (compliance/analysis/military specifications, etc.) for all inventory items purchased and collaborate with Quality to create and follow ISO/GMP/SQF procedures related to purchasing.
- Manage inbound logistical operations including but not limited to arranging transportation, filing claims for parcel, LTL and FTL shipments.
- Create and modify bills of materials based on the needs of Production and according to the parameters established by Finance.
- Work with CFO and Product Development Team on contract pricing where applicable
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in purchasing or supply chain management
- Microsoft Office 365
- Dynamics GP preferred
- Logistics experience preferred
- ISO knowledge helpful
VisionCorps offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, holidays, health, dental, and life insurance, and more. For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements by APPLYING ONLINE
All VisionCorps employees are employed at-will.
VisionCorps is an Affirmative Action Plan employer.
VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
244 North Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Qualified individuals may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.