Material Handler/Shipping & Receiving
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions listed below:
- Ships and receives all raw materials and finished goods
- Schedules and/or manages all inbound and outbound shipments
- Overall responsibility of the warehouse and dock areas.
- Perform some instructing, checking, or verifying the work of others.
- Stacks, stores, stages, all raw materials and finished goods in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains all required paper and electronic documents in accordance with company and ISO 9001 requirements and GMP procedures.
- Communicates with Finance Department and Plant Manager on a regular basis to support production goals and maintain supply levels of all raw materials and finished goods.
- Maintains high levels of warehouse and general housekeeping standards
- Conducts and assists with periodic inventory counts and audits
- Communicates with team leaders to ensure production goals are met
- Ensure that all raw and packaging material is staged in the proper areas
- Removes, labels, enters in to the system and tracks all finished goods
- Minor maintenance
- Assist production as needed
- Other Job Functions:
- Participate in monthly/weekly Department meetings
- Participate in Company events
- Keep up to date on all training
- Any other duties or special projects assigned by the Plant Manager.
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to act in accordance with company values, vision, and mission. Demonstrate leadership, exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with clients, and co-workers. The employee will work with accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
Desired Characteristics – Honest, dependable, cooperative, integrity, responsible, diligent, motivated self-starter, reliable, independent, and process-oriented.
Desired Skills – Detail-oriented, time management, organization, relationship building, multi-tasking, problem solving, decision making, work within a team setting.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Forklift certified
- Two years’ experience operating forklifts, and other warehouse equipment.
- Basic computer and data entry skills required
- Two years of related warehouse and shipping/receiving experience
- Two years’ experience in a production line setting
- Basic maintenance experience
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Primarily works in a climate controlled area
- May be exposed to fumes, dust and outdoor weather conditions
- Travels to other locations as needed
- Periodic use of company vehicle is required
- Must be able to carry, lift, push and or move a minimum of 60 lbs. at a time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job, including close vision, distance vision, color vison, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- Ability to verbally communicate with others
- Required to stand, walk, reach and move around machinery
- Required to operate machinery, including, but not limited to forklift, battery charger, pallet jack, shrink wrap machine, lift assist, pallet leveler, tape machine, floor scrubber, bagger…
- Repetitive use of hands, wrists, and forearms
All VisionCorps employees are employed at-will.
VisionCorps is an Affirmative Action Plan employer.
VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
244 North Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Qualified individuals may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.