Low Vision Occupational Therapist
Low Vision Occupational Therapist
The Low Vision Occupational Therapist teaches clients how to maximize their residual vision and remain independent through compensatory techniques, environmental modifications, access technology and adaptive equipment while acting in accordance with the company values, vision and mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions listed below:
- Evaluates and creates an individualized goal-oriented plan of care for clients receiving Occupational Therapy
- Provides direct services to clients with vision impairments through education and instruction of daily living skills, environmental adaptations, low vision devices and adaptive techniques
- Completes the evaluation, plan of care, session notes, discharges, insurance billing and other necessary documentation
- Maintains appropriate records and documents preparation, progress and services delivered
- Works cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary team with agency staff to deliver appropriate vision related services
- Understands and practices compliance standards, including HIPAA confidentiality and security, and Medicare/Insurance required documentation
- Responsible for keeping up to date on current practices in the field of low vision and OT, as well as Medicare/Insurance billing
Other Job Functions
- Participate in monthly agency and department meetings
- Participate in Company events
- Keep up to date on agency required training
- Any other duties or special projects assigned by VP of Programs and Services
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to act in accordance with company values, vision, and mission. Demonstrate leadership, exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with clients, and co-workers. The employee will work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail.
Respect, accountability, integrity, innovation, trustworthy, positive attitude/mindset, dependable, cooperative, commitment, flexible, passionate.
Proficient in Microsoft teams, organized, good time management, good communication/interpersonal skills, strong work-ethic, positive attitude, ability to travel independently.
Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s degree in occupational therapy
- Experience of 2+ years in field of OT
- Current OT License, in good standing with State licensing board, ability to receive credentialing with most insurances
- Knowledge of low vision tools/aids and (preferred)
- CPR and First Aid Certifications (or ability to obtain)
- Clear criminal record check and child abuse clearance from the state of PA
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check
- Access to personal vehicle for travel (as applicable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to sit at desk for periods of time
- Must be able to sit in a vehicle for periods of time
- Provide services in client’s natural environment (home or community)
- Must be able to carry, lift, and push equipment up to 25lbs. Must be able to spend considerate amount of time stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Use hands to repetitively operate, finger, handle or feel computers and office equipment
- Must be able to travel independently and safely
- Must be able to verbally communicate with others
All VisionCorps employees are employed at-will.
VisionCorps is an Affirmative Action Plan employer.
VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
244 North Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Qualified individuals may submit their resumes to email@example.com. VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.